Sunday, January 6, 2008

Workshops: A Success!

As most of you know, I've been hosting workshops at quite the overachiever pace! I'm happy to say they've been going very well, with positive feedback from all attendees.

Here's a list of the workshops I've hosted in the recent past with a few quotes from the attendees (for all the quotes, see my Testimonials page). I'm lucky to have such great attendees!

"YOU in the New Year", DC (1/5/08)
  • It's great to get some ideas and goals verbalized with others. Motivation and excitement are contagious!
  • It was a great opportunity to find out a little bit more about myself and to start setting and meeting some of my goals.
  • Everybody can benefit from a session like this. Lee knows her stuff and made it fun!
"Contemplating Your Career", DC (12/15/07)
  • This got me thinking about what I like to do, am good at, and where I want to focus my energy in both the short and long term.
  • I've thought about my job/career path a lot, but I still learned important things about myself, and enjoyed hearing people talk about their difficulties and desires.
  • I learned a lot about myself through learning about others. It really got me thinking about what I need to do next.
"Inquire Within", DC (12/8/07)
  • Immensely insightful. Empowers you to reflect honestly.
  • Guided reflection and inspired feedback helped me accomplish introspection and formalize goals
  • Everybody should take the time to examine their life and really discover who they are.
"Life Approaching 30", Miami (12/2/07)
  • I found the session timely and relevant for the life changes on the horizon.
  • It's so useful to put the stuff that swirls around in your head down on paper - it seems like the first step to taking productive steps.
  • It helps to understand that many other people are having the same (or similar) pressures, thoughts, goals, and worries as I have.
"Inquire Within", Brooklyn (11/25/07)
  • The answers lie within and are discovered through the process of inspiration and investigation.
  • When you talk about your life, and put it all in writing, you begin to put it into perspective and realize the things you can do to make a change.
  • The workshop helped me consider possibilities I hadn't thought of and I'm excited to explore them. I'm at a crossroads in my career and I think it helped me figure out potential solutions.

The last exercise I do in most of the workshops is to have each attendee mail themselves a postcard with something they want to remember on it. Usually it's an encouraging phrase, a goal, or a commitment to oneself. Someone shared theirs with me and I particularly liked it:
"Commit to things that will give you a sense of accomplishment and impact."
I thought to myself, "These workshops give me a sense of accomplishment and impact." I've been building my business, meeting exciting people, and helping them become more successful in their lives. In that moment, I realized that all the effort I had put into those workshops was worth it. They were a success not only because people found them valuable, but because it also brought me a sense of fulfillment and happiness, which is the greater measure of success in my book.
  • What things do you commit to that give you a sense of accomplishment and impact? Please add your comment...

No comments: