Friday, October 26, 2007

Seize the Day (Scare Tactics)

I've always found myself drawn to movies and books that offer a "seize the day" message, although in a somewhat depressing way. Some of the movies and books portray pictures of missed opportunities and lost potential and "scare" us into remembering that life can, and should be, inspiring. If it's what we make of it, then we better make it enjoyable, right?

Here are some of the things that sometimes scare me into remembering to seize the day:
I don't know what it is, but something about tragedy and seeing lost dreams reminds us that life is precious and we should do everything we can with the moments we have.
  • Any other movies, books, music that paint a somewhat depressing picture but remind you to get the most out of life?

2 comments:

feldashv said...

This is a theme that runs through my life, although I only noticed that recently (it probably runs through our entire collective existence, but that point has not hit me yet). So, I am sensitive to stories/movies like that, and among them Vanilla Sky is one of my favorites. Interestingly, many time travel stories, although overtly sci fi and action oriented, usually involve this element as a centerpience (going back in time to change the past for the better). Deja Vu, the recent Denzel Washington flick, picks up a similar theme (although a bit tangential one) of how a human connection forms out of nothing, and thus is one of the more precious things to "seize."

Westland Upholstery said...

Thanks for the posst