Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Mine Goes to 11 (Happiness +1)

Most people know that scene in Spinal Tap where the guy says that his amp is so awesome that goes up to 11. I felt that way today when I was walking over to my local Saxby's coffeeshop.

I almost never listen to music as I walk because I'm usually only going a few blocks and it's not worth the effort of turning on my ipod and untangling my headphones. But today I had my iphone in hand and was waiting for a call so I put on some tunes.

I couldn't believe the effect it had. Just one song and I was floating along, smiling at people and feeling like I wanted to share it with everyone. The weird thing is that before that, I was already pretty happy and didn't think it could get any better. It was like I was at a 10, and didn't even know that I could go to 11. I wonder how many other things in life are like that. You don't even know that you can go to 11, except when it randomly happens or someone shows you the way.
  • When have you found yourself at Happiness+1?

No comments: